Poor nutrition can impair our daily health and well being and reduce our ability to lead an enjoyable and active life. In the short term, poor nutrition can contribute to stress, tiredness and decreased capacity to function. Over time, it can contribute to the risk of developing chronic illness and other health problems.
Unhealthy eating habits have contributed to the obesity epidemic with about one-third of adults (33.8%) as obese. Even for people at a healthy weight, a poor diet is associated with major health risks including; heart disease, hypertension (high blood pressure), type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and certain types of cancer.
The link between good nutrition and healthy weight, reduced chronic disease risk, and overall health is too important to ignore. By taking steps to eat healthily, you'll be on your way to getting the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy, active, and strong. As with physical activity, making small changes in your diet can go a long way, and it's easier than you think.
Despite understanding the link between good nutrition and health, most Australians are still struggling with weight and chronic health conditions. Why ?
Fad diets. Social media celebrities. Self-help books. Internet marketing. Food manufacturers advertising. The amount of information on health we receive each day is overwhelming and confusing. First you read carbs are bad, then you read they are good. Cholesterol is evil, and then it is necessary. Research is an ongoing process, and an educated nutritionist keeps up to date on information supported by scientific research, and then utilises their training to apply findings to an individual's specific needs. You need an expert who understands your lifestyle, nutritional and training needs and can take your health to the next level. Consultations with Ali Dear are invaluable when it comes to improving health.
If you are serious about making change to your health, nutrition consults with Ali provide expertise in:
- Permanent weight loss and management
- sports nutrition for optimal performance
- Improved fertility and a safe and healthy pregnancy
- Reducing risk of diabetes, heart disease and hypertension
- Reducing inflammation and joint issues
- Controlling irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other gastrointestinal issues
- Boosting mood and motivation
- Improving sleep quality
- Increasing cognitive function
- pre and post natal nutrition - for mums and bubs
- recipe design and meal planning
- catering for special needs
Ali's experience includes:
- Nutrition and Sports rehabilitation for elite cyclists in France for a season including the Tour de France and Olympic Games
- Nutrition expert on 2UE radio
- Lecturing at Nature Care College, Tafe and Australian Training Company in anatomy, physiology, fitness assessment and sports management
- Design and implementation of 30 day cleanse challenge for Flow Athletic, Centennial Health Club and Fluid Form
- Corporate 6, 8 and 12 week health programs for companies such as Novartis, Telstra and Paramount Pictures
- Nutritin writer for Ride magazine and Howard Executive Recruitment
- Regular nutrition presenter for CanToo running and swimming squads
- Design and facilitation of yoga retreats
- Yoga therapist for Warrington Wolves super league
B.Ex Sci, Dip Nutrition, M.Teach, Yoga Alliance 500hr